Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Update

I haven't posted for a while. It's not that I've nothing to say, more that I've got too much. I plan to write a review of all 'The Ultimate Film Noir Collection', which I've been watching since Christmas. This means watching them all twice. And writing reviews is not as easy as I thought, not if you're going to be fair to the film.

I've also been wasting a lot of time trying to get links to work. I want to do that highlighting of text, which hides a link, but I'm getting all this HTML stuff round my neck.

My new wide-screen TV is driving me mad. I never know when I've got the right ratio. It seems these old films have to be watched with a black band on each side, unless you want to cut off the top of people's heads or stretch them sideways. Then you feel you're missing out. Odd, because I always wanted black lines showing when I was watching wide-screen on the old TV.


I've almost finished the novel on which The Last King of Scotland was based. I'll have to write something on that. It will fit in with earlier stuff on adaptation (which I haven't forgotten).

I saw a good old B-movie yesterday - Terror in a Texas Town. Silly title for an excellent film. Something else on the list.

No comments: